Options

CMC 2024 | Jah'tar | Ancient Alien Sentinal | Original character |

Hello creature creators,
new year new Creature Making Contest!

I'm very exited to share one of my most recent figurines / creatures and participate with it.

"Jah'Tar"
An ancient alien sentinal, initially placed as a sleeper cell of a long gone otherworldly race,  awakened by a thousands of lightyears old signal from outer space.
Original creature & concept by me.
Inspiration collected all over the place, but probably mostly inspired by the great designs of Arsen Asyrankulov, H.R. Giger and H.P. Lovecraft.
Sculpted in Polymerclay (CosClay),  the bigger spheres are glass marbles, and the smaller ones are wooden beads. Measuring ~ 38cm ( about 15 inch) in height, painted with acrylic colors.

It was incredible fun to do a very "free formed" flowy project, with all those wavy and curly bits running into eachother. Especially the paint process was fun and surprisingly easy. I wanted to play around and try giving it a faux-patina. Turns out all it needed was - a base layer metalic bronze/brass, sprayed with a super diluted matt turquois, dabbed off, rinse and repeat. In the very end I highlighted the very risen bits again with the metalic and voila. I am very happy with the outcome.
Images from linked via Artstation

SOME SELECTED DETAIL SHOTS

SNAPSHOTS OF THE WORK IN PROGRESS

thanks!
-Philipp

Comments