Options

Burn using jelly, the wobbly kind! ;)

Hi everybody,
I hope i'm posting in the correct category, this is my first ever post on the Stan Winston School website.
I was away at a farm in Ireland at the weekend where they do a massive scare attraction, so I tried a full arm burn using blackberry jelly (smelled lovely), grease paints and fresh scab.  If any of you have any critiques or another technique I can use too as i'm going back over again for Halloween,  I also get to dress up and scare people which is why I love Halloween!! 
Lee

Comments

• Options
    genius!

• Options
    That's awesome! Love the result!
  • Options
    hello. this is my makeup for cosplay
  • Options
    Thank you kindly guys for the lovely comments!!
    :D
  • Options
    Lee
        I'm not sure if methylcellulose would do any better, but it depends if any insects were attracted to the sugar in the jelly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paola,
         Did you paint your eyelid? If so how'd you keep the red from smearing? 

• Options
    Hey Kore, I've never heard of methylcellulose so therefore haven't used it, does it do the same job?  The insects were fine but i'm not sure as it was quite cold outside but the arm was used for 6-7 hours and was still intact at the end of the night.  I think it's because the sweet smell of the jelly is covered with grease paint then fresh scab and then runny blood.
  • Options
    Methylcellulose = k-y jelly
  • Options
    Ahh Right ok, i'm not sure it would work as it would set and allow to be painted!
    Thanks Christopher Vaughan! :D
  • Options
    Kore Borno :is a red gem jewelry stuck on closed eyelid tape to hospital.
  • Options
    when he felt light shining gem