Options

Painting acrylic teeth

I'm going to make acrylic teeth soon, and the only perma tooth stain kit I can find costs 150.00 bucks. Is there anything cheaper on the market, or anything else I can use instead? 150-160 bucks is a lot for a few paints

Comments

• Options
    Hi Troy,

I don't know of any chapter options for acrylic tooth stains.  I'll reach out to our team and see if they have any suggestions.

/Chris
  • Options
    Hi Troy,

We reached out to John Cherevka and here is his advice.

"If you don't want to go with acrylic stains, you can use most any paint and seal the teeth with a UV activated clear coat. For paints, I like to use Life Tone paints and seal them. My preferred UV Clear is Palaseal but you can find cheaper ones on Amazon. Once sealed it's pretty safe."
    Hope that helps!

/Chris
  • Options
    Could I just paint teeth and use something like 5 minute epoxy over it? I don't know if it'd be harmful or not if it's fully cured. I've never heard of UV clear coat before. There's all kinds of different UV clear coat materials on Amazon.
  • Options
    5-minute epoxy could work, however, you'll have more control and get a thinner coat with a UV clear coat.  And you would have to reach out to the epoxy manufacturer to see if it is mout-safe once cured.  Palaseal, as suggested, is intended for use on dentures, crowns, and bridges, so it is mouth-safe.

/Chris