Options

Skull Kid (Majora's Mask)

One of my costume's I made for Halloween this year was Skull Kid from the Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. It's a big project I've always wanted to attempt and it resulted in being my first time doing anything with sewing or really working with textiles for that matter.

The costume consists of the clothes which were made of various different fabrics that had a noticeable weave to make them look more fantasy and less manufactured, to sort of fit with the forest imp theme. Then I created the clothes using simple patterns and distressed them using razors and sandpaper to shred the fabric, and paint to add subtle weathering to any holes or wrinkles in the fabric I wanted to exaggerate.

For the arms and legs I wanted it to look like I was made of wood so I used carved EVA foam layered on top of some arm length gloves to mask my arms and legs and give the facade they were wooden. I also attached gloves made of green cheesecloth that I cut holes into and weathered a ton to add to the whole woodland "making the most of what you got" vibe.
ย 
The mask is 3D printed and is hand painted by me working in multiple layers starting dark and Drybrushing lighter colors to give the implied sun-bleached effect on the main body of the mask. The eyes were painted with a subtle orange gradient to make them look almost as if they are glowing, which didn't really work but it still looked really cool!

The costume was a massive passion project and was an attempt by me to see how I could take a normally cartoony looking character and rework them into a costume in my own style!

Comments

• Options
    That's AWESOME!!! I'm a huuuge Zelda fan and that looks sick!!!! Congratulations ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป