Options

Calling All Costume Designers: Short Film Opportunity

edited September 2023 in Job Listings

Hello everyone!

My name is Mel Deorsola and I am an emerging filmmaker and recent UCLA graduate based in LA. I was referred to this studio in regards to producing a few costumes for my short queer monster film I'm currently fundraising for. "The Pink Menace" follows a group of college friends after a falling out, who find themselves being cornered and chased by grotesque, pink creatures. Virginia, the estranged friend, tries to put together the pieces as chaos and bloodshed mysteriously befalls each one of her ex-friends. I have been working closely with Our Small Majority Productions (oursmallmajority.com) as well as the UCLA Latino Film and Theater Association to produce this film and we are now in search of talented costume designers who are interested in bringing this vision to life.

"The Pink Menace" would feature three Del Toro-esque monsters (3 designs, but 4 costumes total), each with distinct characteristics designed to reflect queer subthemes. Below are the designs for the monsters as well as the inspirations behind them:

Please feel free to respond to this discussion board, or email us directly, or leave us some feedback on the designs we have made for our monsters. Also, if you want to learn a little bit more about the film or OSM as a whole you can check out our website here (seedandspark.com/fund/the-pink-menace)

Thank you!
Mel Deorsola (she/her)
meldeorsola@gmail.com
oursmallmajority@gmail.com