Options

Problem with foam running

Hi all.
I did my first run of foam latex yesterday and I'm in need of some advice from the pros.

1. I have a lot of airbubbles in my foam, some on the surface and some encased. Can I get rid of them with a longer refining time? Or is there any other way to do that?
2. I have an area on one of my applications that looks like it has no "latex skin" (see image). Does anybody know what might have caused this and how to avoid it?
I've tried googling for troubleshooting advice but somehow I can't find anything.

TIA!

Answers

• Options
    Hi Daniel,

I don't have enough experience with foam latex to offer much help with this issue. I'll reach out to the team to see if we can find someone with more knowledge to help with this.  I know sometimes building up of steam can cause issues, but I'm not sure if that is the case here.  What temperature did you bake at, and for how long?  Also, what were your mixing times?

/Chris
  • Options
    Hi Daniel,

I can help you.  It looks like moisture breakdown, coupled with a slow gel?

But I will need some information

What is the mold made out of?
    What foam system are you using?
    What release did you use?
    What was your gel time?
    What was your bake time & temp? 
    Did you put the mold in a warm oven before fully gelled?

Looking forward to solving this problem!

Best 

Mark 
  • Options
    Hi Daniel,

I can help you.  It looks like moisture breakdown, coupled with a slow gel?

But I will need some information

What is the mold made out of?
    What foam system are you using?
    What release did you use?
    What was your gel time?
    What was your bake time & temp? 
    Did you put the mold in a warm oven before fully gelled?

Looking forward to solving this problem!

Best 

Mark 

Hello Mark! Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I can't answer these questions anymore (except that I've used Monster Makers Foam Latex Kit in a plaster mold). I did a couple of runs and managed to get avoid this problem. But I think you might be right with the gelling time.