Options

Yoda meditating on Dagobah

Edit to add a short video of him floating with an LED string wrapped around the tree.
https://youtu.be/zTMXEIU2UMI

Cutting it really close to midnight CET, and hoping it still counts. Due to the time constraints, for my third submission I decided shift to a smaller easier piece that I already had started, so I chose to focus on reworking and finishing this one.

This is a revival of one of my first sculpts with the air drying modelling foam. It was started sometime in September-October last year but was quickly set aside as I was not happy with it. The tree is air drying foam with a tinfoil armature, Yoda as well, but initially I dressed Yoda with glued on fabric.

I did not like this look, and since the first try at this piece was before I thought of the trick with slip+glue, Yoda's ears snapped right off as it was drying, so into the ever overfilled "To deal with later" box it went, not to be seen until yesterday.

To salvage the sculpture, I fixed the tip of Yoda's right ear, and gave him a new left ear.
Originally,  the hems of his robe were brown craft felt glued on, but decided to cover them with air drying foam. The rest of his robe is a thin cloth, but now, the whole piece is covered in the slip+glue mixture.

Method: Hand modelled, hand painted with acrylics.
Materials: air drying modelling foam, tinfoil, craft felt, cloth, slip+glue mixture, fishing wire.

Post edited by Alina Ioana Truta on