Options

My Entry!!!!

Hi! Before you look at my entry, I want to say a few things. Feedback is 100% WELCOME! Please Give me feedback! Another thing is that this is my first time ever sculpting! I got into the SWSOCA by winning a cosplay contest at Evansville Horror Con. My dad and I have been working on this school as soon as my membership went live. My dad had tons of props to make for films so I did make this alone. 

I am 11 years old.
This sculpture is called "The Tree Of Lost Souls"
It is inspired by "Whispy Woods" from "Kirby" 
It took me 3 total days to make.
I used "Monster Clay"

Thanks for looking at my entry! I know I won't win as already I see entries a million times better but, this was really fun to work on and was great practice!

Comments

• Options
    The precious thing you have is the passion that with the desire to experiment will lead you to do beautiful things. Come on, keep going! A piece of advice is to try to understand which topic you like and create a work in that theme, even perhaps by copying an object you like. You will see that with practice it will become more and more beautiful!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the advice I will do that and work on it. I love this school so much!
  • Options
    Looks great and most importantly, you do have imagination. 100% keep going.
    I sculpted too as a kid, but never thought I was very good so stuck with painting and drawing for the most part . Now I'm 30 and just recently started actually teaching myself how to sculpt and I cannot imagine my life without sculpting. If you feel the same then pursue it and remember that  you can always improve on what you started.

I very rarely throw pieces I'm not happy with away. Instead I put them aside, start something new and think about what techniques I could use to correct whatever the issue is. I keep doing this, and yes, I have a bunch of started pieces, but now I've gained new skills and learned to find a way make them so much better than the original concept.

At least this works for me. Also don't be afraid to mix materials and use armatures, as you save clay and you can make much more versatile and sturdy structures.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the advice I'll do that and I have a few armatures so I'll use then for that.