Options

CONTEST SUBMISSION TALOS FROM JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS

Here's my entry. Talos from Jason and the Argonauts! He's resin cast, 18 inches  tall like Ray's figure, and cast in two parts (torso and waist, with threaded nut and bolt joining the two). A necessity since he's on the heavy side. The base was a sculpture done on plexiglass. Lots of silicone to make that one. The water is toilet paper and wood glue followed by coats of clear acrylic gloss varnish. Ship is still being made and can fit in his hand or sit on the water. Love the movie. The guardian of Crete! Note: 

Post edited by Chris Ellerby on

Answers

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Here's my entry. Talos from Jason and the Argonauts! He's resin cast, 18 inches  tall like Ray's figure, and cast in two parts (torso and waist, with threaded nut and bolt joining the two). A necessity since he's on the heavy side. The base was a sculpture done on plexiglass. Lots of silicone to make that one. The water is toilet paper and wood glue followed by coats of clear acrylic gloss varnish. Ship is still being made and can fit in his hand or sit on the water. Love the movie. The guardian of Crete! Note: 
    Post edited by Iraqvetmac on
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Hi there!

Please edit your original post (not the comment) by clicking the gear icon, and place your contest entry description and photos there.  

Thanks,

/Chris
  • Options
    Thx Chris!
  • Options
    Hi Chris. Sorry but I'm still confused as to where to click after the gear icon to load pics and attach them. I'm fairly computer savvy but for some reason am not having luck here.
  • Options
    No worries, I edited the original post to include what you had here.  It's all good now.

/Chris