What's On Your Workbench? (Summer 2020)

edited March 2021 in General
We love seeing current projects from our community members.  Sharing your work on our forums not only gets your work seen by a large audience, it also motivates and inspires other artists.
You can either share images and videos below as comments on this discussion or post your own discussion with your work.  So don't be shy, show us what you've got!

What's On Your Workbench?

Post edited by Matt Winston on

Comments

• Oh gosh I love diorama I would like to try someday! 
  • Just a quick sculpt while waiting for a mold to cure......
  • Working on my Voldemort cosplay for Halloween, can't wait to finish it!

• So many great projects!  It truly is inspiring to see what everyone is creating.

/Chris

• Xl jack n the box
  • Love it!  Making a studio scale model of Thunder Road from The Explorers is on my todo list!   Such an amazing film.

/Chris
  • Thanks Chris!  
    Tonight I’m shooting the dolly and crane up cam move.  We’ll see if it works, then I want to composite the live action gang rebuilding the ship in a time lapse.  Who knows, could turn out horrible.  Haha

mike
  • Hi I'm working on my first full Resin Kit 1:6 scale. It shows a small diorama centaur vs sandworm. At first i created a sandworm but I changed to a sandworm  and half men to give him more expression.
    It will shows that that the centaur is trapped in the sand in the nest from the sandworm/men. 

• Working on a series of items for our Nightmare at Sea Halloween party! Mostly paper mache and cardboard props, but spending more time on actual costumes with foam clay, wire, etc.
  • what his is on my table 😉 I still have a ways to go But that’s okay 😉u

• my plague doctor costume. Custom sculpt mask out of cardboard and cosplay foam clay.
  • edited October 2020
    The clay sculptMother Mold, Silicon Mold, Plastic Cast3D printed hands designed in SolidWorks
    Musie the Animatronic Robot!
  • Hello everyone!
    It's such a pleasure for me to be part of this amazing and creative community of people! I'm currently working on a vampire dude :D I wanted to get in a spooky mood in regards to coming up Halloween. I'm just at the start of my sculpting journey in my life and Stan Winston School is a great inspiration and helpful guide with all courses and videos. I enjoy so much to work with WED clay and basic sculpting tools. Let's see what future brings! Take care folks xx
  • Les Grossman cosplay.) Homemade fat-suit and a hairy chest. Hairy arms and other minor stuff in work. 
  • I have so much to learn! I felt inspired and watched how to make a nose prosthetic video with gelatin and it helped a lot about understand the process. 

• An upgrade for a robot cuddly toy.
    It becomes a dancing bird some day...
  • edited October 2020
    https://youtu.be/0yJXC9KzfLs

Added Voice Input and Antennae to my Animatronic Head. My eye mechanism is not working the best due to tightness issues. Wrote some software that will allow me to move the jaw mechanism based on the high and low audio wave forms.
  • Frankenstein head sculpted in bass wood and finished in acrylic paints! Always loved the original Frankenstein played by Boris Karloff.. Happy to finally finish this bad boy! 
  • edited October 2020
    Not so much as a bench but the floor still working on the steampunk, plague doctor crow fusion
  • Wed clay Orangutan character for my sons short film idea.