Options

3-Axis Robotic Mechanisms: Animatronic Necks & Torsos - Part 2

edited July 2017 in Neck Mechanisms

3-AXIS ROBOTIC MECHANISMS: ANIMATRONIC NECKS & TORSOS - PART 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T43sDpJNklQ

In Part 2 of Jim Kundig's course on 3-axis mechanisms, you'll learn how to complete an animatronic neck mech, mount a head, and use a variety of puppeteering approaches to bring it to life, from radio control to manual methods. 

Whether you're a professional character mechanic, an experienced hobbyist, or just getting started, this user-friendy lesson by a Hollywood pro will help you achieve excellent mechanical results without the need for expensive tools, materials, or machinery.

WEBCOURSE HIGHLIGHTS

• Servo Installation
  • Creating Custom Servo Arms
  • Tapping the Neck Plate & Mounting a Head
  • Torsos
  • Puppeteering - RC, Servo Testers, Manual

VIEW THE LESSON HERE

Comments

• Options
    This is a great class. I took it live and was amazed how simple the mech was for the amount of movement!
  • Options
    Learning so much, but it would be extremely helpful (esp those of us with ADHD lol) to have info on the parts being worked on in an overlay… For example, the size of the screw or tap in a particular scene. Additionally, some kind of text-based version of the instructions. It’s been very challenging to have to try to guess where Jim mentioned a detail of what he’s working on, especially because the video web software in use on the site isn’t instantly responsive. 
  • Options
    David DeMattiaDavid DeMattia ✭✭✭
    I took the class live and made a parts list. If that would help, I'll look for it.
  • Options
    Hi @Charlie Herrick,

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it!  I'll pass this along to the team.

/Chris