Alien Chestburster wallhanger

edited February 23 in Sculpture
Thought I would share some pictures of a quick Chestburster wallhanger I made in NSP oil clay. 

Planning to cast it in translucent resin and hang it next to the Alien 3 embryo. Hope the mold turned out ok! 

Comments

• Chris EllerbyChris Ellerby Los Angeles Admin
    Very cool!  Can't wait to see it all painted!

/Chris
  • @Chris Ellerby thank you! 

The first cast cast did not turn out good. Will make a new attempt that is more translucent 
    First casts will do that! ;)

Hope the new attempt works out great!

/Chris
  • @Chris Ellerby The second attempt was a new trophy of failure... think I mixed it to much and got air bubbles turning the cast. Hopefully the 3rd one works out. I at least tested the paint on it to see if the plastic and paint were compatible. 
  • Not final paint 
    Looks like the casting came out great!  Can't wait to see the paint job you go with, lot of fun potential for different styles on this one.

/Chris
  • Finally a cast that turned out ok. Happy with the translucent feel! Was much more difficult then anticipated getting the resin to cure properly with so big thickness differences.  
    That looks awesome!  The translucency gives it a great effect.

/Chris
  • @Chris Ellerby thanks, appreciate it! Agree, translucent material adds a lot. But It’s more fun painting non-translucent material. (Bigger challenge)