Options

Alien Chestburster wallhanger

edited February 2019 in Sculpture
Thought I would share some pictures of a quick Chestburster wallhanger I made in NSP oil clay. 

Planning to cast it in translucent resin and hang it next to the Alien 3 embryo. Hope the mold turned out ok! 

Comments

• Options
    Very cool!  Can't wait to see it all painted!

/Chris
  • Options
    @Chris Ellerby thank you! 

The first cast cast did not turn out good. Will make a new attempt that is more translucent 
  • Options
    First casts will do that! ;)

Hope the new attempt works out great!

/Chris
  • Options
    @Chris Ellerby The second attempt was a new trophy of failure... think I mixed it to much and got air bubbles turning the cast. Hopefully the 3rd one works out. I at least tested the paint on it to see if the plastic and paint were compatible. 
  • Options
    Not final paint 
  • Options
    Looks like the casting came out great!  Can't wait to see the paint job you go with, lot of fun potential for different styles on this one.

/Chris
  • Options
    Finally a cast that turned out ok. Happy with the translucent feel! Was much more difficult then anticipated getting the resin to cure properly with so big thickness differences.  
  • Options
    That looks awesome!  The translucency gives it a great effect.

/Chris
  • Options
    @Chris Ellerby thanks, appreciate it! Agree, translucent material adds a lot. But It’s more fun painting non-translucent material. (Bigger challenge)