Options

Tenderoni- The interdimensional creature to deliver your doom!

edited May 2015 in Creature Contest

Hello All!

My name is Anthony and I'm an aspiring creature designer and spfx artist based out of Pittsburgh. I've been working for about 4 years tightening up my style and honing in my designing skills, and since I love the stan Winston school of character arts so much, I figured it's high time to join the community!

Here is a creature concept I began a few months back. It is supposed to be a interdimensional creature, kaiju size, who has come to conquer our planet. I'll be posting a few other creatures later, but please let me know what you think!

Post edited by Chris Ellerby on

Comments

• Options
    some areas are extremely high in detail to a fault, the palm face specifically. there is clearly more going on than you have room for.
    it sort of looks like you started at the bottom and worked your way up because the tentacles command higher detail & better shadowing while remaining comprehensive and that fro is really great too.
    the palm area is unfinished, i recommend redrawing this on a larger sheet of paper or adding macros to the margin.
    there is a lot of really beautiful work except that its intermittent.
  • Options

Thanks for the input Kevin!

I actually started with the palm and worked my way down, I guess you can tell that by the fact that I was nice and warmed up by the time I got to the tentacles. But yes, I can see your point, the palm needs more work.

Now I don't understand what you mean by "adding macros" to the margin. Could you elaborate?

• Options
    i probably used to wrong wording, just a magnified or close up drawing of the really tight areas in the blank spaces of the paper.

in photography a macro is a picture that focuses on a microscopic subject with similar field of view as a standard picture. if you want a 17" print of an ant without blowing the image up.