Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

What would be the best method to cast demon talon hands that are generic to fit several extras?

I have a sculpt with lone finger extensions and a boney hand structure but instead of using an appliance on all of them I need a full glove to fit snug enough to support the fingers on a few of them.

Best Answers

Answers

• Awe man thanks, I was planning on using silicone anyways. This video is perfect because the extras will  have sleeves for the most part. I appreciate your quick response this really helps. I only have 2 weeks to make several as well as finish up a lot of other gags. 

• Chris EllerbyChris Ellerby Los Angeles Admin
    Awesome, glad I was able to help.  Hope you can share some photos/video of what you make here on the forums!

/Chris
  • I will for sure. Probably on Monday if I can get my molds finished by then. I'm also havering to design a hand rig with growing talon nails so I might use latex for that version.
  • So this is the hands I was talking about. I was going to do a Platsil 10 silicone slush mold but I'm thinking It won't be strong enough. Then I was going to use the gloves like the video you posted but since they are solid clay and not on stone I can't make a thin prosthetic.  I don't have time to do anymore detail or smoothing because I have so much other stuff to finish by next week. So maybe a 2 piece ultracal mold and do a latex slush or do you think I could use a polyurethane rubber to mold it in one piece and just have one slit up the underneath?

• Thanks again for the advice :)

• David BoccabellaDavid Boccabella Brisbane, Australia Moderator
    WOW!!.. They look great. Congrats on the detail.