Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Work in Progress: Critiques?

This is my first attempt at sculpting. I have watched dozens of hours of videos on Stan Winston and YouTube and finally decided to give it a go. I am using WED clay and I created my own armature from a PVC Riser and some other equipment. I am using marbles for the eyes (picked them up at $.99 store). 

Any suggestions or feedback you guys have for this project, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!
Aaron 

Comments

• Chris EllerbyChris Ellerby Los Angeles Admin
    Looking good!  As far as critique, I would just continue to refine those forms, as some feel a little thick.  Try adding a bit more depth to the face. It being flat could be part of the character design, but it feels like the face needs a stronger silhouette to match the rest of the head.  I would hold off on adding any details like finer wrinkles and skin textures until the forms are a bit more refined.

Keep up the work, looking forward to seeing more!

/Chris

• Chris, thanks for the feedback. I've been trying to build up the face to make it less flat, but I think it might need a major overhaul to accomplish that. Which, btw, I have no problem doing. This piece is just meant for practice. 

Actually, now that I think of it, refining the forms might help add some more depth to the face. I'll keep refining and see what happens.

thanks! 
  • Update: a couple more hours of refining
  • Chris EllerbyChris Ellerby Los Angeles Admin
    Awesome, nothing beats practice!

/Chris