Options

Long time lurker, first time poster

Hey Guys,
My name is Jason Vines. I live in Austin, TX. I've been a web designer for about 15 years but I've always dreamed of making monsters for a living. I've been watching SWSCA videos for a few months now and practicing my sculpting. I wanted to introduce myself and share some of my work. I really dig a lot of the work I've seen from you guys on here. I'm looking forward to learning and seeing more.

If you're interested in seeing more of my work, feel free to check out my portfolio at www.113fx.com.

Thanks,
-Jason

Comments

• Options
    I have no idea why there is so much space between the text and images in my post. I must have done something wrong. Sorry about that.
  • Options
    I love these, especially the first one. Keep up the killer work!
  • Options
    How long have you been sculpting?
  • Options
    I've been sculpting about 6 months or so.
  • Options
    Thanks, Mike!
  • Options
    only 6 months? you're off to a great start. heck of a lot further along than i was at 6 months
  • Options
    Thanks, man! I've really been enjoying it. I learn something new with each piece.
  • Options
    Great Stuff Jason!

• Options
    I LOVE the use of the light bulb for the eye: GENIUS! 
  • Options
    Thanks! I got that idea from watching Don Lanning's maquette sculpting series. I have a few other pieces that I've embedded found objects into. This particular one was a broken track lighting bulb that I had laying around. I'm always on the lookout for interesting objects. I've got a big box of random things that I hope to incorporate into sculptures some day.
  • Options
    Hi Jason. Keep up the great work. You have a good eye for symmetry. I am going to check out your link now. :-)
  • Options
    cool stuff!