I would like to say hello with my human head sculpture :-)

Kai RottmannKai Rottmann ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2016 in Sculpture
Hello dear community,

after a few months of looking to the forum i decided to enroll. 

The wonderful artworks of the students and of course that from the great artists from SWSCA are very inspiring to me. 

My name is Kai an i am an 31 years old s.c. engineer HVAC from Germany.
I ve found my artistic talent in 2012 by playing with clay. After a big break, i decided to skill my talent and started sculpting in November 2015 again. 

At this time i saw the great artworks of Jordu Schell the first time... and that fleshed me. Sculpting like a maniac now.
Theres a voice in my head which orders me to get better and better and better.... That takes a lot of time.
Detaliling an ear for 4 hours... until it looks right to me *rolleyes*

After "eating" Jordus Human Head Anatomy & Sculpture class 3 times, my first anatomically "correct" head goes to finish.

I have to refine much, but look yourself and criticism is desired [=

The plan is to cast it in resin and practicing painting. (Of course after i have visited the webcourses ;-)) 

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english... Its not easy for me to create simple sentences. Here in Germany we love writing long and complex sentences composed out of 30 to 40 words *rolleyes* I promise to get better with my english ;-)

I am happy to be here.

Greetings [=

Kai

Edit: Its done in WED Clay ;-) 
Post edited by Kai Rottmann on

Comments

• Greetings Kai, and welcome to the community!

Your sculpt is great.  I really like the expressive nature of the face.  I can't wait to see how the castings turn out, especially with paint.

I'm not a good enough sculptor of human anatomy to offer any criticism, other than to say I'm impressed by your work.

I look forward to seeing what you do next!

/Chris
  • Kai RottmannKai Rottmann ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Chris,

thank you [=

I will report about my next steps.

Greets

Kai
    Hello again  :)

I have added a few details and some flesh to certain areas.

But: I have a problem. I think that the diagonal wrinkles at the forehead arent right. But i dont know in which way... that drives me crazy.  :s:#

Maybe someone has an idea, how to correct it? Ive looked at some reference fotos in the www but that wasnt very helpful....

Please help me  :D

Greets

Kai
    Okay,

after adding some creepy details, its ready for molding.

Has anyone an idea, how long it has to dry out, before i can apply a crystal clear coating? I would make a silicone mold from this. 

Greets

Kai

• The new mole, eye bags, and vein on the side of the head look great!

/Chris
    Thank you Chris  :)
    edited May 2016
    Hello there :-)

After doing the mold, i started painting.

The smooth cast 65d- casts came out very, very clean. I found one bubble in the right nostril and the cuttingline on the back was less than a hair thick and fell off when i have touched it :-) 

After watching some classes about painting, i mixed some paints and it tooks 2 days of airbrushing to do that work here:

My first bust. I am a little proud of it, but I am not 100 % happy with it.... 

Next step is to cast some teeth an put them in.
    Maybe during that time, someone could give me some tips, how to detailing some areas? Or should i do more skin breakup? Something isnt correct,..

...please tell me what,... My eyes are tired xD

So many thanks to the great artists and to their very helpful classes. They really push me forward [=  *hug*

Greets 

Kai
    Post edited by Kai Rottmann on
  • This is coming along beautifully, keep going!
  • Those eyes look great!  (so does the rest)  Keep it up!

/Chris
    Thank you [=
  • wow, great sculpure. its very detailed!!!
    Danke, Stefan :-)
  • beautiful :) very nice one 
    Thank you :-)
  • Great work @Kai Rottmann love your work!
    Thank you Thomas [=

Your Work is very fine too,.. Im looking for your next work ;-)

Greets
  • And again a masterpiece.
    Thank you  ;)