Options

Frankenstein's MONSTER

The Monster of disproportionate lengths is here! Years of seclusion have left him lonely and in search of somebody like him. But will he find his Bride? The Monster still demands a mate!

I sculpted my interpretation of Frankenstein's Monster out of Castiline wax, wire, metal (bolts), twine, and included tiny pieces of fabric for his patches. The behemoth looms 14" tall. Please check out my other posts.Thanks for viewing. -David Assel

Post edited by David Assel on

Comments

• Options
    you're a pro! great sculpture
  • Options
    thanks again
  • Options
    wow, impressive detail! ;o great work!
  • Options
    Thanks Lucas!
  • Options
    beautiful work!
  • Options
    Thank you Gordon!
  • Options
    Incredible truly the best piece I have seen for anatomy & texture where did you learn how to sculpt? or are you self taught. This work is of the highest level.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Thanks Jonathan!! Well, since I was a kid I was studying anatomy. I've taken various classes, and would learn a lot from my father, Steven Assael. He's been a huge inspiration to me as a father, but also as a teacher. I used to work for Todd McFarlane, among others, so I'm always open to learning as I progress. I work a lot out of my head, which is fun, but when the real training comes in is getting solid reference or working from life. This piece was a out of my head and I used anatomy studies from Elliot Goldfinger and Bridgman to help the process along. I'm excited to continue as I hope to continue to improve project to project. Thank you very much for your feedback. I appreciate it!
  • Options
    Really beautiful sculpt here buddy. The anatomy and design are great! I like the bride too :)
  • Options
    Thanks Nikita!  Your sculpture is really very cool as well!
  • Options
    Good luck @David Assel!  I think your sculpture is one of the best!
  • Options
    Thanks, I appreciate your feedback!

• Options
    your very welcome David!
  • Options
    yeah
  • Options
    Man ...... this is the most amazing work i've ever seen . Great level of detail and anatomy in this sculpt . Thumbs up and hat down .