Options

Help for sculpture

Hello everyone I have a problem with my sculpture design. I wanted for my mace to have spikes on it but I don't know how to make them stay on the skull without using glue, I mean I wante to make them stay on the skull with someting like tissues or leather. Thanks to answer me 
Geoffroy

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your kind reply! I'm afraid that scapes my knowledge but an idea comes to my mind, might be good or bad, I don't know. There I go :)

Maybe contact glue applied to the paper/leather. You can open some holes to the straps you choose to use so the spikes go through easily. Once applied you can even the surface with a bit of epoxy as well (you can tell I'm a fan of epoxy! Haha). There's a light weight one available in the market, equally resistant :)

Answers

• Options
    What are you using to sculpt the mace and the spikes? If it's a final sculpture I would attach them with epoxy putty, they shouldn't come off once it dries. I'm not an expert but in my own short experience epoxy always works marvels regarding hardness and adherence :)

Hope it helps. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Thanks Veronica for the answer. The spikes are natural ( I took them on a plant ) the real problem is that I would like to put them on the skull with lether or tissues straps but I don't know how to do it. But thanks anyway ;) 
  • Options
    Thanks I will try that and I will tell you about the result :) 
  • Options
    Can't wait to see the result. Tag me or something so I don't miss it! :)
    Thanks! 
  • Options
    Haha thanks for following it. I will tag you don't worry ;p
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    Here it is @Veronica Rosado it is almost the final look I am going to ad more spikes and maybe change rope for leather which is coming tomorrow. Can't wait to test it ! And I used epoxy for the spikes and it is really strong I could pick up the mace just by holding a single spike ! Thanks Veronica and @Chris Ellerby for the help ! 
  • Options
    Looks amazing Geoffroy, great work!  When you add that leather, make sure you weather it plenty to match the age of the bones.

/Chris
  • Options
    I made the leather looking old by puting them into a mix of water and bicarbonate of sodium and it works really well ! 
  • Options
    Nice, I've never aged leather using that method.  I usually just distress it with abrasion and use acrylics and other stains for color.  I'll have to check out the bicarbonate of sodium method!

/Chris