Vacuform machine question

edited March 2016 in Fabrication
I plan on building a vacuform machine, but if there is a chance having a homemade one in my house could be illegal, I will have to use Fon Davis's toaster oven method.  Is this the case like with the foam oven?  Where should I go to find out about this?  Thanks.

Comments

• When it comes to legality everything change from one country/state/county/city to another.  I would suggest finding a local lawyer who knows about housing codes in your area.

It may also be subject to rental agreements if you are in an apartment or other rented space.  Some rental properties do not allow the use of barbecues or hot plates for example.

Home made machines (like vacuum form machines or foam ovens) are something you want to be extra careful about as you are dealing with wiring and materials that could pose a safety risk if things are not properly constructed.  A few quick tips are:  Never leave the machine unattended while it is heating.  Never leave it plugged in when not in use.  And always have a fire extinguisher handy.

Safety first!

/Chris
  • if you build your own breaker box attached to your machine and have for example a hot tub you can run a 220 extension cord to your machine, mine is not yet finished