Judge Doom Cane - WiP

I'll be needing one of these bad boys sooner than later so might as well have some style, yeah?

Minus texture I suspect I have the lay of the shapes down. Dunno. HD reference images seem non-existent. Thoughts? Help?

Also, torn between sculpting in NSP chavant or modeling in 3D for printing. Will be molded and cast in either scenario.

The movie is Who Framed Roger Rabbit. It's a wonderful blend of live-action practical effects and 2D animation. Both of these things are my joy, ergo, Doom cane project. Also, Christopher Lloyd.

Comments

• Great project idea, I loved that movie.  I've never seen any good reference for that cane. 

One of my first stops for projects like this is the RPF (replica prop forum) as there is almost always someone else doing the same research. 

Check out this post:  http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=200956

Here's what their cane ended up looking like:  http://imgur.com/CYe3ZOf

/Chris
  • Thanks Chris! Hate to say it here, but the RPF was my first go-to forum for seeking out project references  o:)

I did like the way the artist handled the design though I must admit the skull looked a tad surprised. I'm a bit of a nit-picky fiend when it comes to detail. I am extremely interested in trying that Rub 'n Buff product mentioned in that thread. Silver spray paint, in my experience, isn't as silvery as the cap may boast.
  • Mikey MarchMikey March ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Update:  I bought that paint and tested on some 3d printed and rotocast resin copies of my blue american staffordshire terrier ( a.k.a. pit bull ) (( base is airbrushed plaster, also 3d modeled/printed/molded/rotocast ))

• Mikey MarchMikey March ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Blocking out forms and space. Also, elected not to computer model and 3D print because reasons.
    On a very related note - building animatronics for a short film in the spirit of Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I've been living the phrase "bumping the lamp" for a few weeks now lol

• Looking good!  Hope you can share some of the animatronics work with us too when you can.

/Chris
  • Great work!