Tree Of Death - Updated and done.

Jay HanJay Han ✭✭
edited June 2016 in Sculpture
Want share a work. Made it with nsp medium it is 55 cm high 
Special thanx for the internet lessons to Don Lanning, Jordu Schell and Simon Lee.

Post edited by Jay Han on

Comments

• Very cool! Are you going to mould it?
  • i would but dont know how to mold something like this :D 
    Will make some changes more branches and many little skulls as the fruit of the death hanging on this branches. 

• You could cut some of the branches & mold them separately - easy enough if the sculpure doesn't have an armature, a bit more complicated if it does.
  • Very beautiful.

As @Eleftheria Pinakoulaki suggested you would want to cut off all the branches (and possibly the arms) and mold them separately.

I hope you can mold it, because I'd love to see what this looks like painted!

/Chris
  • thank you for the comments and ideas. Yep i can cut the branches and the arms , than i have a solid body for molding :) and i must learn molding fast hehe
  • I also sculpt in Chavant (Le Beau Touché) and use silicone for my moulds which captures detail really well. Keep us posted on your progress. :)
  • Jay HanJay Han ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    i am just now back from work and i think about molding or making it again with super sculpey and paint this nsp medium one. Is there a way to seal this nsp medium and make it hard on surface?  this peace have very solid armature inside and  thin sculpted on aluminium covered steel armature 
  • I'm not sure if there is something you can use to seal Chavant. Jordu Schell paints on it directly & if I am not mistaken has mentioned in his painting class that it stays malleable.
  • Here's an article on Chavant's website about painting clay.

http://www.chavant.com/new_site/files/pdf/clay_painting.pdf

I typically mold and cast anything I want to paint, as painted clay will still be very fragile and I would likely damage it eventually.

/Chris
  • Thanx ppl. Clay painting pdf is awesome very usefull. Best solution is molding, i will learn it in the future with smaller and simple works. 
  • I love it!!!...Ive always been interested with the fact of a living moving tree... awesome work...keep sculpting!!!!
  • Love it! Id buy it as a model kit  ;)
  • edited May 2016
    It's wonderful! Your sculpture has grace as well as having a haunting quality to it. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you create next.
  • Jay HanJay Han ✭✭
    :) thank you very much , i am working on other sculptures now, but i will finish this so badly :D
  • That's ok Jay, it's a great piece of work. Do you always use chavant? I've only just started to use it and really love it a medium. Keep us updated with the casting of this work ok  :)
  • Jay HanJay Han ✭✭
    hi rachel. I was not online for a while, No i use super sculpey and bake it and paint it. This was my first try with chavant, its beatiful to work.
  • Hi Jay, I used to use polymer clay and found it really limiting until a discovered chavant last year. I totally agree with about it being beautiful to work with. I'm so happy with it. Keep up the good work  :)
  • This looks so cool ! really well done !
  • Jay HanJay Han ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Thank you very much jamie, its not done, but i start with the tree today and will finish it this week. I hope i get the final form soon.
  • Kai RottmannKai Rottmann ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing...
    Have you done a mold from it? I need a resin copy xD
  • Hi and thank you :D no i was not able to make a mold ^^ 
  • Kai RottmannKai Rottmann ✭✭✭✭
    Ooohh nooooooooo!  :s D
  • :D:D:D 
  • very cool, love the tree!