Options

Week TWO Assignment Image Gallery and Videos ***Your homework goes here****

n this discussion: Please upload the images (4) of your work by Midnight (12AM PDT) Thursday, July 11th. So Casey has time to look at your work and prepare as helpful a critique as possible.

Post edited by Christopher Vaughan on

Comments

• Options
    At the end of my painting time for this week, may try to outline some of the pattern stuff in a lighter color but probably won't have time until Friday, so calling it a week on I-Gor, great tips, thanks Casey!
  • Options
    Stan WongStan Wong ✭✭✭
    Followed Casey's suggestion to outline the red pattern so not to clash with the green skin tone. Mixed success. Just need to go back and tighten the white overspray with some green again. Nice trick... Thanks Casey!
  • Options
    As discussed in the class, I dropped back the orange on his sternum and used it to create a soft glow below the skin. I also added some veining, and finished the eyes. The skin has a satin coat, and the eyes received a coat of the epoxy.

Of course I couldn't stop there and had to start in on the second bust!

This guy is... painful. I wanted to do a dark red and black scheme, and I've painted plenty of black in the past, so I knew to use black just to give the IMPRESSION of black, but...

Under the lights I can see all of the blues and purples, but they barely show up in the photos -- and once he's out from under my painting lamps he's just... black. And because he has a satin coat on the skin it's difficult to photograph. So I might paint over it, or strip it, or... something. I'm open to suggestions, of course.

• Options

Hi All

Here's my week 2 effort still not 100% and I have some more detailing to do

I will need to gloss the eyes with 5 minute epoxy also the bust will need a gloss or semi gloss finish to bring the colours out

Hope you like it

Steve C

• Options
    I really like the spatter effect on the eyes - very sharp! The skin is nicely mottled and alive looking as well. Quite a jump between last week and this.
  • Options

Thanks Justin

The eyes were a very happy accident to be honest,

I still have some things I want to do on it before it complete but trying not to jump to far ahead.

Steve C

• Options
    Anthony LatonyAnthony Latony ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    In the second photo I was trying to get a close up of the red and blue reins.  Im still getting the splatter when I try the veining with the air brush. I used a 0 brush to paint them in.  :( doesnt show here. I am thinking about doing something to the back. Still looks a little plan. As for the eyes. I wanted to wait to see what the eye class has, in order to duplicate. Looks totally different from the first run.
  • Options

I got photos of what I have had to redo because of the compressor issues but left my cord at the shop. I will upload pics in the morning..that is if I don't set this whole set up on fire and dance around it.

Everybody's work looks awesome.

• Options
    heres what I've been able to do despite my issues. Added some molting..viens..etc. I would really like to go in and do the organic grid like pattern over it but don't want to try it until new compressor comes in next week. I'm getting the one that Casey recommended.
  • Options
    Holy Cow! everybody's Paint jobs are looking awesome!
  • Options
    Here goes my remaded homework. First of all i've created a translucent skin overall the model with the last day sown technike from Casey 
    .Then i added some purple tones trying to maintain the translucency. I think that I do best in this second attempt. Only need to be painted eyes and lips!!
  • Options
    I forget to upload this ones.
  • Options
    Okay, so here is my entry for the week. It still needs some detail but I did manage to add some contrast and brighten it up a bit. I haven't done anything to the eyes apart from add white to cut down on the reflection (they were chrome).
  • Options
    Stan WongStan Wong ✭✭✭
    Lots more to do. Need to paint the mouth area, gums, attach the teeth. Will Make his chest translucent ... Making those veins/ arteries almost invisible and pushed under the skin. Need do details like flesh around eyes and of course, the eyes. Making progress.
  • Options
    Hey Guys, here is my character so far. I just finished the skin and just started on the skin pattern. I picked a purple color inspired by a poison dart frog. This was my first time painting skin and it was super frustrating at first but I am OK with the outcome.any input from you all would be great.  I was thinking of making the shell on top a purple as well, I just need to play around with it a bit. I am not sure about the eyes though I was thinking red or possibly a bright green of sorts. 
  • Options

Brogan

I am totally blown away what a great job.

Steve

• Options
    Wow, love that shelled head, great work
  • Options
    Hi guys,

I didn't like that my first creature wasn't translucent and couldn't get the skin look I was after so I baked a new one. It's just base skin for now with little bit of veins around the head and limbs.I'll do up some patterns soon.

• Options
    been struggling to get my airbrush to do what I want for this one.
This discussion has been closed.