Student Image Gallery - Share your personal artwork with everyone!

Like the title says; Please feel free to upload any images of your personal artwork here! Be them Sketches, Illustrations, Sculptures, Digital Paintings, or Digital Sculptures/3D Models, etc. Share and Inspire! :)

Comments

• edited June 2013

• Hello Everyone,

Hope you guys enjoyed todays lesson and demonstrations, sorry for the pixelated streaming we have not had that problem before. Anyways here are a few images from todays demos for you  study.

-Casey

• Hi

Thought I would put these over on to the paint forum

these were all airbrushed, brush finishing touches.

Steve

• Very nice work, are they your sculpts as well ?
  • Hi Marc

Thanks yes they are

Steve

• Stan WongStan Wong ✭✭✭
    Steve...these busts are really gorgeous! Nice sculpts and love your painting!!! Kudos

• Stan WongStan Wong ✭✭✭
    I finished this Aris Kolokontes bust a few days before our class started this past weekend. I've watched Casey's SW Painting Translucent busts numerous times... Tried to be translucent but I always manage to be a bit heavy handed with the airbrush. Hoping to improve and learn many invaluable nuggets from my fellow hobbyists and of course, from Casey! I did some armature wiring and added the antennae.imageimage
  • Stan WongStan Wong ✭✭✭
    I really apologize guys. i only intended to put in 3 small thumbnail photos of the bust. My phone messed up. I don't know how to erase the repeats and the sideways one. My bad!!! Didn't mean to flood the wall guys with my work. Ick....
  • Hey Stan

Nice job I found that when I first started but I found by mixing the paints down really thin

you can get a much more transparent feel to your work

but you made a great job of this one

where does the bust come from it a very cool

Steve

• This fun little guy is about the size of the first knuckle on my thumb

Thus bust is even smaller - his face is about the size of my thumbnail

This is a gaming model I painted as part of a two hour demo - a creepy little bugger!

This one is still in progress -- as the face is too desaturated for me to be happy with. He's a bit bigger and the overall model is about 2" tall to the top of the hat.

• Stan WongStan Wong ✭✭✭
    Hey Steve, thanks for the hints and your compliments...much appreciated. Once again...you did  a fantastic job on your sculpting and paints. I see a lot of John Carter Mars in your first one.
    My two favorite bust sculptors are Casey Love and Aris Kolokontes. This particular bust was purchased directly from Aris from Greece. However, Whitworth Studios sells many of Casey's and Aris' busts....that's who I usually buy my busts from. i do not sculpt...no talent for it. I enjoy the painting aspects of it. 
    BTW: Here is a link that you can copy and paste on your browser. Scott Whitworth has great customer service and he really is a fantastic link for all Aris and Casey busts. Of course...you can buy directly from Casey too.... I imagine that's more preferable to him :-) 

Cheers,
    stan
  • Stan WongStan Wong ✭✭✭
    FYI,
    I have tried thinning down my acrylics to achieve translucency just like Casey proposes on his video. I've found my biggest problem...even at 15 psi on the airbrush... I sometimes get that spider web "bleeding" effect. Almost like too thin and too much air. The swearing that comes out of my mouth at this point is not something I am proud of LOL
  • Nice work stan and Justin, like the additions to the aris bust, and how people paint those minis at such a small scale is beyond me, well done
  • Hi

Marc I have the squid bust to like the work mate.

I spend a load of my time painting the smaller figures too

the Warrior is 54mm total height.

and the leap frog boys are about 25mm each

hope you like

Steve

• Sorry I meant to say Justin and Stan

• Stan WongStan Wong ✭✭✭
    amazing Steve! I love them all! Wow! I don't know how you paint the miniatures. I did them as a teenager (D and D figures) and they were tough on the eyes. I don't think i have it in my middle aged eyes anymore...even with magnification LOL. Great job!
  • Hi Stan

Thanks for the comments.

Well I am still doing them in my very late 40's so it is possible

Steve C

• I did this a week before the class. I sculpted, molded and painted it. After attending the class I know, now, I will moddle more and add the veining technique. 
  • Stan WongStan Wong ✭✭✭
    Great job Anthony. The Green goblin is quite cool! Really nice! You sure can sculpt and that is already a great paint scheme!
  • Great job Anothony.
  • Crazy week (again), but this is what I've got in the oven. Here's hoping it doesn't crack.
  • I took these with my iPad and for some reason they're a bit fuzzy. There's actually quite a bit more detail in there.
  • Very cool, great subtle textures
  • Thanks Marc. That's a great icon you've got. One of your sculpts? I'm pretty new to this (I've done three counting the one posted), so any critique is appreciated. Thanks.
  • Thanks, that was my entry in the school's Jurassic Park contest, I'll try to post some pics of the full sculpt, a dinosaur/human hybrid I called Dinosapien , with creatures it's always a little tougher to critique anatomy but maybe the lower jaw thins out alot in comparison to what it's insertion starts out as at skull, but of course this may be what you are going for, great stuff nonetheless
  • Thanks Marc.  I was going for a goblin shark type jaw, but I take your point.  I could have done something a bit different with where it becomes more 'human' like.  Thanks for the fresh eyes!
  • Stan WongStan Wong ✭✭✭
    Love it Richard! It's so imaginative! Hope it did NOT crack in the oven!
  • Hi Richard

well its paint time for you now then, cant wait to see it complete.

Steve

• wahh...you guys are awesome!
  • Really impressive stuff here. It's been a while since I've been this inspired.
This discussion has been closed.