Hiya all . Newbie here - anyone else in Scotland.. And other questions

So I finally joined . I never sculpted anything until a few months ago, and got into it to make the Davy Jones costume shown in finished costume forum. So after looking for freebies and other stuff in YouTube, I decided to sign up. I've only been here for a day, but got engrossed in the Don Lanning technique lessons. 2 questions Anyone else in here from Scotland? I'm an apprentice member, so do mini lessons go towards my "4 per month"?

Comments

• I seem to think that mini lessons were not part of the "4 per month" quota, but I'm not 100% on that. I upgraded to the next level because 4/mo just wasn't enough for me. :) I'm also totally engrossed in the Don Lanning tutorials! :) 

While I'm not in Scotland (though wishing I was), welcome aboard!
  • Hey Joe,

Welcome! And I'm not from Scotland but I've got some Scottish ancestry so does that count?

To answer your question: Mini-Tutorials do NOT count toward your monthly quota, they are FREE for all subscribers no matter what plan you've chosen.

-Matt

• Great. Been watching some of the mini's last night, and going google eyed. Can't get to sculpt yet as I'm converting my basement to a studio/workshop. Good load of space but no natural light ... Que sera, just need to get some good work lights. I've got all the Chevant and tools ready, but want to get the 'shop finished. BTW - Scottish ancestry is near enough lol.
  • Well dang, it counts for me too then! Hah! :)

I don't know what your studio situation looks like, but I went to Home Depot and got a couple of shop lights that clip to an adjustable stand. Look at the Garage Monster's mini lessons - tons of great ideas for shop setup.