Does anybody has any idea or information to built a monster gloves made of silicone?

I have tried to make a silicone gloves, but does'not has a good result. Very difficult job. 

Best Answer

Answers

• been wanting to try this my self. how much alignate did you need? these are wicked thanks for the info Kai
  • Kai RottmannKai Rottmann ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Sebastian :-)

I think it was ~2 litres of alginate (~700grams + 1,5 litres water) which i poured into a "whey protein plastic tank" (<--- Hope you know what i mean xD ) with 15 cm in diameter and 25 cm in hight.

Make sure, you are using very cold water to stretch the kicking time of the alginate. You might spend a bit of time to mix water and alginate in that tricky "Whey protein plastic tank" xD

If you arent on a budget, you could mix 10 kilograms alginate in a 20 litres bucket and fill it into an acrylic pipe  :D  

Greets

Kai
  • hahaha thanks kai helps loads and i know the tubs you are speaking of. only time i used alginate i was so gutted i read only to use warm water and a blender.... went hard in about five seconds lol was so gutted. thanks again dude. 
  • Kai RottmannKai Rottmann ✭✭✭✭
    Rofl,... 5 seconds..:D :D

Similar happend to me, while striring the alginate in room- temperatured water with my hand,..
    While stiring, it started kicking.
    I became nervous and let my hand in the bucket to not waste the alginate.

After ten seconds, when the alginate was fully cured, i realizied, that my hand was in a very crappy- confused position and so i destroyed the negative when trying to pull my hand out.

The alginate was wasted- of course xD

Since then, i only use very cold water and a fork or something else for stiring.
    Nothing what generates heat, like my own hand  :#:D

Next time i will try the slow curing alginate, when my stored alginate is empty  :s:D:D

Have fun with your projects dude  ;)

Greets

Kai