Options

Question about Make an Eye Mechanism

Does anyone know where I might be able to download the STL files for the Make an Eye Mechanism class? Also does anyone have a list of the 2D CAD dimensions mentioned in the tutorial? It'd be helpful (as mentioned in the video) to have these listed so I'm not clicking back and forth while trying to model the parts. 

Comments

• Options
    Hi Timothy.  Sorry, we do not have the STL files. One of the objectives of the class was for students to learn the CAD techniques to make their own, using what is now Fusion 360 from Autodesk.

As you mentioned, the dimensions are discussed during the video, but we don't have them listed anywhere.  I usually watch these things a few times while taking notes before I dive in and start making things.  

Good luck on your eye mech, and I hope you can share your results with us here!

/Chris
  • Options

Thanks Chris! I have been working through the design (although I'm not a huge fan of Fusion 360 - any alternative suggestions? Sketchup? Maya? ) and have it finished. Planning on printing it out today and assembly over the next few days. I'll post the results when I get a chance.

I've been in contact with Dave as well and he has been watching my progress as well.

Thanks!

Tim