*** Cosplay Contest Winner Announcement ***

Thanks to all the talented cosplayers who entered our Cosplay Contest! We had an extremely tough time picking favorites out of so many incredible entries. But one entry caught everyone's eye here at SWSCA, demonstrating a wide range of high-level fabrication, mechanical, electronic and painting skills... and all on a DIY budget!

Congratulations to Michael Wiggins on his "Jim Raynor - Starcraft 2 CMC Armor" build. Your forms and paint work are beautifully realized, you've nailed the illusion of mechanical functionality using decidedly non-mechanical elements (EVA foam and PVC), and you've packed your suit full of surprises that take it into feature film-quality territory, including LED lighting, fully articulated 3-D printed animatronic fingers, and topped off by a functioning dual layer helmet visor!! Truly epic stuff, Michael. 

We hope you wear your armor in good health and that you enjoy your well-deserved Grand Prize:
  • Artist Spotlight on the Stan Winston School Blog
  • 1-Year Unlimited Subscription to Stan Winston School
  • Stan Winston Studio Behind-the-Scenes DVD

Congrats from all of us!

-Team Stan Winston School

Comments

• Jared LeeJared Lee ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Such an amazing work of art!
    I feel no shame in losing to this!
    Post edited by Jared Lee on
  • Hearty congratulations. I've really enjoyed witnessing this competition so much.
  • Michael ,
    Outstanding work!  Congratulations on winning.  Enjoy the one full year of courses.  I know I sure did.
    All the best!
    Tom