So what I had in mind was to light and animate (on a basic level) the pieces of a 'Tetris lamp' that no longer works (photo attached).
This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.
What I wanted to do was make the yellow box (the 'head') rotate/swivel, and possibly the 'arms' as well, using I imagine a standard servo actuator. As well as this, I'll be inserting various LEDs in the parts (Neopixel ring in the 'head', neopixel sticks/individual LEDs in the rest of the pieces)
I also initially considered adding sound/music to it (sound effects, or maybe the tetris music) but not sure I'd get around to buying/ordering and actually adding that in in time, so I'm not including that for the time being.
Materials (either owned or ordered and on their way)
- Arduino Nano & terminal
- NeoPixel ring (for the 'head')
- Neopixel stick
- Adafruit standard servo
- Solderless breadboard, jumper wires, 12V power supply, push-switches, etc
Other stuff I might need:
- Simple straight/angle brackets for connecting the pieces together
- Laser pointers on the 'arms'
- Very possibly will discover I missed something or have the wrong part at some point when I actually start putting it all together....