Hey dudes and dudettes!
Since it'll take a while for the Stan Winston peeps to upload the webinar to Youtube for us to dig through, I think it'd be very helpful for all of us to post up the techniques that Dan The Man taught during class. I'll start it off with... CARBON FIBER ALL DAY ERR DAY!!
Assuming you have access to Photoshop:
- paint your desired metallic "Brushed Metal" texture
- Do a Google search for "carbon fiber stickers" (or you can click here
- Make sure your Google Image Search tool are set to Size > Large
- Download and Place (File > Place) the carbon fiber image into your desired layer
- Set the layer to Multiply
- Adjust the Opacity of the Carbon Fiber layer so that the Brushed Metal texture comes through (I use somewhere between 15% and 30%)
- Be sure to Skew or Distort (Edit > Transform > Skew/ Distort) the carbon fiber image to fit into the desired area
I think that's it as far as I can remember. Did I forget a step? Anyone else remember what tips and tricks Dan gave us?