Schuftan Beam of Light

I really enjoyed the tutorial and have some questions. Kindly excuse my limited understanding..I am a beginner.
Can this effect be achieved using a non high-end equipment..like a regular Canon camera or an iPhone?
Can someone explain the *rolling up and down of the beam* effect in greater detail? What equipment will I require for this?

Can we, possibly, combine the Schuftan 4th Dimension effect and the Beam of Light effect in the same scene?

Wishing everyone an amazing Thanksgiving.
Post edited by Rajoshi Seth on

Answers

• HI Rajoshi,

The effects in the Mirror Magic lesson will work (for the most part) with less expensive cameras (like an iPhone) but you will have a bit less control over some things.

As for using the "4th Dimension" and "Beam of Light" effects at the same time, I'm sure it's possible, but would likely be a very complicated setup since you are dealing with 2 reflections.   The 4th dimensional effect requires the camera be looking at a full mirror, and the "Beam of Light" effect requires a half mirror (allows 50% of light through) so you can overlay the reflection peppers ghost style.  With enough planning, and depending on your desired shot, I'm sure it could be pulled off.

/Chris