Homework part 3-Elizabeth

First off let me remind you that prior to this course I had not used Maya.  I feel some experience with rigging would have been a good idea for myself at least.  So far I have only some parts connected, and I am struggling to discover how to best use Locators with Parent Constraints.  I feel with more knowledge of rigging this could have been really cool, and I intend to resubmit it at a later date, even if it's just for my own sense of accomplishment.

I needed something to animate, and the only thing I could find was this Halloween Rat Skeleton Decoration.  I found a low poly rat model, and I cut the head and jaw in order to articulate them.  However, I'm not quite sure how to "anchor" them properly to make the rotate instead of flying off the body all together.  That knowledge may come in time, I reckon.

As I jerry-rigged the actual model with wire and hot glue, I tried to replicate those pieces in Maya. 

As you can see when I rotate the head, it flies off...

And the same happens with the jaw.

The other 2 poles inserted into the body were going to be wings, but I couldn't quite figure out how to rig them, so they are just poles.  And rotating them is also a disaster.

This is the rat kind of moving.  I don't really have the right connections.
https://youtu.be/DbG8r8w7fzA

Comments