Digitigrade/Werewolf Stilt Plans?

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if any of you might know where I can find good sets of digitigrade stilt plans.  I'm currently working with the ones featured here:  http://www.instructables.com/id/Werewolf-Stilts-digitigrade-legs/
but I'd like other options for personal projects like xenomorph and Pumpkinhead costumes.  While the plans above may be perfectly fine, alternative methods would likely help simplify customization.  Since I'm a machinist by trade, and part owner of a small-to-middling shop with CNC mills and lathes, 3D printers, etc. complexity isn't much of an issue.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks much!
Jay

Answers

• Hi Jay,

We have a couple older discussions on here about digitigrade stilts, and I believe they all end up on that same instructable, which looks to be pretty solid.  That design should be a good starting point for any customization you like.

What type of changes are you looking for?

/Chris
  • Thanks much for getting back to me.

I did a bit of looking prior to posting and didn't run across the previous discussions you mentioned.  Any possibility you could point me to them or let me know what search terms will bring them up?

As for modifications, I don't have specifics in mind just yet.  However, I did grow up in a machine shop, and we do work with an R&D company.  So, I'm used to thinking in terms of redesigning things.  If I can look at multiple valid ways things have been done, though, it helps shortcut trial and error, though.  

Jay
  • This search includes a couple older posts:
    http://forums.stanwinstonschool.com/search?Search=digitigrade

As a machinist there are a lot of upgrades you can make, since being able to machine lightweight materials like aluminum will let you make things light and strong.  I'd love to see anything you come up with!

/Chris
  • Awesome!  Thanks much.  I'm balancing a ton of projects right now, so any real development might be a bit, but when I have anything interesting finished, I'll be sure to share.  

Thanks again,
    Jay