I am doing fx makeup for a gory short film called "Corpse Bong." These punk kids dig up the corpse of their old friend Steve and turn his corpse into a bong for smoking marijuana. In one shot they stab the bong slide into the corpse's stomach, and green goo oozes out of the corpse's stomach and into the bong slide.
Any suggestions on how to achieve this? I'm thinking I will have some kind of plastic bag that is full of green goo and it will be just underneath a latex stomach skin. When the bong slide stabs through the skin and into the bag, the goo will ooze out of the bag and into the bong slide. I don't know if there will be enough pressure in the bag to make this happen. I also don't know if it will be hard to get the bong slide to to smoothly cut through thin latex.
I may have one person holding the bag so that once the bong slide stabs into it, if there is not enough pressure to make the goo ooze out on its own, someone can squeeze the bag to force the goo out. I'll have to figure out a safe way to do that though.
I guess I would want to use some kind of syringe to pump the goo out for this effect, but its hard because the hole is being created in the shot, so I don't know how to place the syringe in the right spot ahead of time.
I will be doing a test of this in the next week, but I wanted to post here asking for suggestions on materials, methods, or relevant SWSCA tutorials.
Things I expect to learn from testing:
- how thick/thin does the stomach skin need to be for the bong slide to slice through it?
- does the bong slide need to be sharpened to slice through the skin?
- what is the best kind of bag to use for the goo? Can I use a simple ziplock bag and put duct tape over the zipper so it doesn't open from the pressure of the slide stabbing in?
- how thick does the goo need to be?
- will the goo have a hard time traveling from the bag out of the stomach skin? Will it get trapped between the bag and stomach skin? I guess not, cuz it's traveling through the slide's hollow interior.
Thank you for all!