Options

Dino-Art Contest Submission #2

Hey, everyone!  Love what's been submitted thus far and best of luck to everyone!

The above drawing is my first submission to the Dinosaur Art contest.  I am actually in the process of writing a book where dinosaurs and other prehistoric life has returned through a horrific event (won't spoil it but science is involved) and the world is struck with apocalyptic devastation.  Fast forward 22 years and we find that the prehistoric animals aren't the worst things to contend with out there.

This scene is actually our first introduction to the main character, Rob Verraux.  He is on a hunt to collect food for his village and comes across an Allosaurus feeding on a Brontotherium.  After only angering it with a H&K MP5 submachine gun, the Allosaurus chases Rob out into a field where he has to use his favorite melee weapon, a fire axe, to bring the creature down before it turns him into another post-apocalyptic casualty.

Like my previous submission, this was done with basic mechanical pencil, pencil crayons and Bic inking pens.  I had to use reference pics to try and get the proportions of Rob correct but the Allosaurus head is more or less free-hand.

Thanks for looking and keep up the good work, everyone!